Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter at Church...

I have to say that Easter is my favorite holiday at church... everyone is all dressed up and looking good. The music and atmosphere exude celebration for our risen Savior and the influx of people makes the place feel alive! I had more than double the kids in Sunday school as usual... they all looked so cute!

For our craft and story we made resurrection eggs - a set of 12 eggs with little things inside that told the story of the last days before the crucifixion and the celebration of the resurrection - I think the kids really got a kick out of it...

After serving 2 services with the kids I went into big church and really enjoyed the loud exciting worship songs... It's hard to describe the feeling of worshiping with loud celebratory song in a large group... I imagine it's a snapshot of what heaven will be like... little happy tears trickled down my cheek for most of the service...

No comments: