Friday, December 24, 2010

Mothers...

Ohh my Mom... we have had such a sorted relationship over the years... She basically abandoned my sister and I when we were infants... She disappeared for 4 years, came back, kidnapped my sister, then left for a few more years after the police returned Lisa. She really settled down about 20 years ago when she married my step dad, he seems to keep her in check...

So she had a heart attack the week before Christmas, then a quintuple bypass on Christmas Eve... It was pretty rough on my sister and I... You mildly care for someone for years until you almost lose them... the thought of her dying actually brought me to tears... surprising to me...

Lisa and I drove out to see her in and out of surgery, then back the following week to make sure she was OK...

I have spoken to her on the phone since and she sounds ok... Just ok... Not sure what to feel... I feel weird... a little scared and emotional... Anyway she is alive and recovering at home now... I guess I have to leave the situation in God's Hands...

I guess a bonus to being in the Phoenix area twice in a month is we got to spend a lot of time with my cousins and their beautiful kids...

No comments: