Monday, January 5, 2009

Albuquerque New Years...

So my trip to ABQ was pretty uneventful - it was cold there... I stepped out of the airport and felt the 25 degree icy chill that would become familiar by the end of the week. I grabbed my junk and headed to the rental car pavilion. When I told the guy at the Thrifty counter I would be going up to Santa Fe for skiing he recommended a "rear wheel drive - cross over vehicle" I responded with "oh? ok..." so he gave me the keys to a shiny new Dodge Journey (I had no idea what that was) So rather than be a jerk and take it back I got to cruise around town in a mini van all week - not cool...
I stayed at the Marriott which for an older hotel was pretty nice. The room was small but nicely appointed and I had a pretty sweet view from the 16th floor.

One awesome feature was the connector for the TV. The room had a 40" flat screen TV with a port for your laptop. So I did my work on the huge TV... it was really cool!


I worked like a dog the whole week and finally on new years eve treated myself and Amy (the poor trainer I dragged along with me) to a nice dinner at Landry's Seafood... The price was high but the meal and service were exquisite... it was really nice... I wish we had one back home...

No comments: