Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Amarillo by Morning...

So I spent last week in lovely Amarillo, Texas. Being winter time the high each day was about 40 degrees - so cold! I stayed in my favorite hotel there - The Courtyard... it's centrally located in town and close to lots of good restaurants... and boy did I eat when I was there... among many rib plates and biscuit and gravy breakfasts I had an amazing steak dinner at the Country Barn, appropriately garnished with fried okra and hand battered onion rings and a buttery yeast roll...
I made more than one stop to my favorite Whataburger for a bacon cheese Whataburger with mayo both sides and jalapenos.... just wonderful...

I even stopped at Long John Silvers (haven't been in probably 5 years) - got the anniversary platter with a side of fried lobster bites...

needless to say between Amarillo and Houston I have put on 7 chunky pounds... not good... I need to get back into the gym routine and eating like a normal person...

No comments: