Saturday, August 4, 2007

Home Repair Sucks

So I thought I would spend my day dressing up the cabinets in my bathroom by adding some flashy new knobs to the drawers and cupboard doors. What a mess - I obviously have no idea what I am doing with home repair... the screws were too small, the faces of the doors apparently are hollow and the hinges are more fragile than I anticipated. All this to say that all I ended up with was a gaping hole in one of the drawers and the gas wasted driving to Home Depot twice. UGG - now I know what the phrase "leave it to the pros" means... I need to be rich someday so I can pay people to fix things when I have a whim....

Cleaning however I do have down pat - thanks to my Dad (who beat it into me as a child - literally)... so I scrubbed my tub and shower doors extra hard then shampooed my bedroom carpet. The satisfaction of the extra clean room almost made up for the hole in the drawer... almost...

No comments: