Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Too Fast...

I love my kids... well they aren't really mine, but I get to borrow them for an hour each week... two years ago I broke away from being my sisters assistant leader and took on my own Sunday school class. These little guys were barely 4 and most of them cried on the first few days of class... it was horrible... I thought at the time, "what am I getting myself into"
Now - two years later they come running into class yelling "Mr. B, Mr. B - I learned my bible verse" In a few weeks they will move up to the elementary level and leave my class... I thought I was ok... then this week was hard... I started to think about not seeing their little faces each week... I am really having separation anxiety... Where did the time go? It seemed so fast...


I guess I should thank God for the time I did have with them and look forward to my new group of 4 year olds... hmmmm

2 comments:

Nicole Leonard said...

Cute kids. The little boy in the 2nd to last photo CRACKS ME UP with his Superman pose (or whatever it is). So funny!

Hays Family said...

It is amazing to teach children and invest in their lives. When I was teaching it was always hard for me to say goodbye to my classes. And it is amazing to watch them grow up and know you planted seeds in them!