Tuesday, June 9, 2009

San Francisco Adventure...

So my glamorous work travels took me to the Bay Area this week. I lived up there for a few years when I was younger so I was pretty familiar with the area. I worked hard at the store and finally got some time to chill out on Sunday. I decided to take the subway over to San Francisco to walk around and look for something to do.

As I walked up the stairs from the BART station the sun was shining and the birds were chirping on a lovely spring day...

I hopped on the F line (old trolley cars) and cruised around the Embarcadero to pier 33.



I thought an Alcatraz cruise would be fun but they were all sold out... So I walked down to pier 39 and low and behold! A bike rental shack... The girl yelled out to me - "HEY YOU - you wanna bike the Golden Gate Bridge?" "Who me?" I asked... "YEA, c'mon" she replied... So I bit... for $14 I rented a bike and hopped on...



It was about a 5 mile round trip but totally awesome... I stopped in the park and ate a sandwich I conveniently packed...then I finished the trip to the bridge...



I have to say the trek to the bridge was way harder than the bridge itself... I cruised across to Sausalido and back in no time...

Upon my return I hit up fishermans wharf.... the displays were packed with fresh seafood... it all looked so wonderful!

Especially the bread bowls filled with clam chowder...

And the whole steamed crabs...

I decided on a cup of crab meat...


and a tangy shrimp cocktail...

I hit the train home full and tired from an awesome day... Sometimes I love a nice day by myself... I left for Sacramento today... not looking forward to working in the ghetto.... hmmmm

1 comment:

maria said...

oh WOW!!!! that looks fun!!!! i wish i would of had time to do the bike tour when i was there a few months ago.... i did however, partake in the "food" tour.... i think the clam chowder bowl and calamary were my favorite!!!! :-)