Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lines...

It seems that Southern California is land of lines. Lines at the grocery store, lines at Starbucks, lines to get on the train, lines to get off the train... It occurred to me recently that from a very young age we are groomed to form "single file" lines. By nature its meant to help up organize ourselves so no one gets hurts. Of course there is always the one jerk (especially on the 91 freeway) that feels he does not need to wait in line and takes "cuts" - of course I would never think of such a thing...


At any rate this last week I went up the mountain for some night skiing. This after the tremendous storm that dumped 2 feet on our local resort. Needless to say he lines were tremendous. And because it is a small time local resort they didn't have the staff to accommodate the influx of skiers and snowboarders.

Usually I can get up the mountain by 7pm after work and get 7-10 runs in before I go home. However the lines were so long I only got about 4 runs in - what a waste of a tank of gas and frustrating...
I will give the mountain a re-try tonight, maybe the lines will be better...
Not so much at Starbucks this morning - 15 people ahead of me

No comments: