Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Resolutions...

Well here it is - the 8th day of the year and I have had time to really think about my new years' resolutions. There is a long list of what I really want to do with my life. My coach at church has greatly helped me to seek how God wanted me to change last year. I know there is still a lot of work to be done - so here goes...

1. Lose the post smoking weight - I have put on about 18 pounds since I quit smoking and it needs to come off - I just cant stand it anymore!

2. Grow as a leader - God has entrusted me with the spiritual teaching of 15 four year olds every week. I need to step up and show those kids the Lord; prove to them through His work in my life that He exists and is powerful to change people.

3. Stop procrastinating! Ugg there is unfinished projects all over my house and I am not sticking to my weekly schedule. I set a schedule for myself that allows for the right amount of rest and hard work and the balance is off. I never seem to get anything done!

4. Be a better friend. I am so quick to gripe about and judge my friends - If I were a true friend I would love people and be more helpful.

5. Get Financially Fit! This one is a long time coming... It is hard to manage a mortgage and I still work some weekends at my Dad's place to make ends meet. I want the books to balance better.
6. Ski more! YAHOO the snow is great this year.

7. Cook the cat! (Lee and Albert - don't scroll any further)

2 comments:

Nicole Leonard said...

I agree you need to work on #4. :)

But I have some friendly suggestions for some of your other resolutions:

Re: #1, have you thought about The Lord's Table? I lost 22 pounds in 60 days on it. I'm going to re-start the course next week to lost the last 20. Wanna do it with me? We could be accountability partners. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Re: #5, I'd say you should look into Financial Peace University. Micah and I took this course through church and I cannot begin to tell you how it changed our views toward money. Our (now very good) friends Todd & Gina are teaching a new class that starts in February! It's once a week for 13 weeks at their home in Red Hill. You should TOTALLY go! The class is fun, Todd & Gina are super fun (you'd honestly really like them), and Gina always serves some kind of yummy food at the class. :) Let me know if you're interested and I'll get you more info.

I'm not even going to respond to #7. (I'm actually sending an email to PETA now.)

And again, please work on #4. This is a serious one. :)

xoxox

Lee Jones said...

I saw this post a while back, but have been too speechless to respond. OK, I'm working on #3, too.