Monday, January 21, 2008

The Lord's table and becoming more relational...

So to coincide with one of my new year's resolutions Nicole and I have started The Lord's Table - a eating course designed to set you free from the sin of over-indulging in food (something I have a problem with). I want my body and life to be Christ-honoring, and the way I eat now is not. So here goes day #1

Weight: 184
BMI: 26.4

And about being relational. I have been going through monthly coaching sessions through the church for the past 8 months or so and one of the action items that I never seem to get to is being a more relational person. A person who is concerned about the people around him and who cares for the needs and well being of others rather than talking crap.

I was really challenged yesterday by the sermon Pastor Rob gave and have decided to really start working on this. I made great progress yesterday with Shelly, then blew it big time with my sister this morning. WHY IS THIS SO HARD!?! is it really that difficult to be a nice person (rhetorical Nicole!) Anyhow - for those of you who interact with me regularly; kick me in the shins if I'm being a jerk...

2 comments:

Nicole Leonard said...

Oh, I'm ready to do some shin-kicking... :)

P.S. I'm super-stoked that I weigh less than you. I was terrified that I would weigh more. Wahoo for me! Not so much for you... LOL!

P.P.S. On a more serious note, maybe part of the reason you have such a hard time with being relational is because you're a guy. I think men tend to have a harder time with this. Not that that helps at all, but it's just something to point out. :)

Unknown said...

I think it's also hard when it's somebody close to you, so it takes that much more to be relational. I know it is for me.

Anyway, if I was to kick you every time, you wouldn't have much of shin left :)