Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Loved...

So yesterday was my 29th birthday and I have to say it was a pretty awesome day... From the moment I came down the stairs to the time I went to bed I was surrounded by people who love me and took a second to say they care. It really felt nice...

It started with Monday night, Shelly took me out for a delicious dinner at Red Robin - we grubbed down then went shopping - it was great just to hang out and relax with her...

Then on my birthday I got non-stop phone calls and e-mails all day long and my co-workers brought in a slue of delicious food (Mimi's humus & Barbs Cherry cheesecake were my favorites). Needless to say we ate all morning long! There was also chips and salsa, numerous cookies, cinnamon rolls, veggies and an array of dips.

Then as if I wasn't full enough; my buddy Mark came up from San Diego and we all went for Souplantation (my favorite restaurant). Eight of us in total and of course Bob started a very loud and obnoxious birthday sing along in the middle of the packed restaurant - I was so red!

After an OK work function I had to go to, I made it back home to find my house DESTROYED! My small group from church (GOD SAVE THEM) completely wrecked my house by moving all of the furniture around, strategically placing 50 dinosaur sippy cups all over and hanging balloons, ribbons and signs. I had to sit down in the living room and breath and relax for quite some time before I could see the humor in the whole thing. In the end I thought it just perfect, they knew me well enough to get my goat; and in a clever way. I joined them after the shock wore off for an awesome kit kat cake and ice cream.
I went to bed full of food and with a full heart - God strategically places people in our lives and if we take a second to look around we can really appreciate the blessing that our friends are.
The fiesta continues tonight with a delicious family dinner at Famous Dave's BBQ (yes, they finally built one in Rancho!)

1 comment:

Nicole Leonard said...

Oooh! Haw was Famous Dave's? I've been wanting to try it!