Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Pies...

So Easter is tomorrow and Dad assigned me dessert. I decided that key lime and lemon meringue pies were a nice spring choice. I decided I wanted to make everything from scratch so the first step was to make a nice graham cracker crust...

I violently beat a a box of crackers into a nice powder...


I mixed it with half pound of melted butter and laid it out in the pie shells... After a short bake they were ready to go...

I moved on to mix up the filling...

After consulting a few recipes online I was surprised to find that the only difference between lemon and lime pie is the juice and a couple drops of green food coloring...

mmm tangy and sweet...

the meringue was next... I beat it till the peaks were nice and firm...

I layered the deliciousness and popped them into the oven for a quick bake...

They looked gorgeous when I took them out... simply gorgeous...

No comments: