Thursday, October 11, 2007

Bag of nuts & a turkey burger, but still no booze...

So one of our operators from Virgina was in the office today and I was so glad to see her - she is a real pal. She brought me this bag of Virgina Peanuts. They were delicious - unusually greasy and salty... even more so than your average run of the mill nut... needless to say I have been pouring them straight from the bag right into my mouth all morning...

As if the nuts weren't filling enough I went to Carl's Jr and tried out their new Turkey Burger.... GROSS it looked like something you would buy in the freezer section of the grocery store and microwave. It was luke warm with some chewy bacon and nasty ranch sauce... Leave it to Carl's to totally mess up a great idea. I don't know why I bother going there - the fries always suck, the sandwiches are mediocre at best - what a waste of $6 and time. I would have been happier with my lean cuisine frozen dinner and some green salad here in the break room.

AND today is day 10 with no alcohol... I have really enjoyed the clarity of mind the past 10 days, however would still like to drink, I think I have proven the point to myself that I can skip drinking if I want to - however I feel the opposite, I miss drinking, I like a buzz now and again... I should just limit it to a day or so a week...

l guess we will see how tonight goes, maybe I will have a drink at the bowling alley... maybe not...

No comments: