Thursday, July 17, 2008

Final Day Together...

Our last day with our brothers and sisters of Planes finally came today and it was truly bitter sweet… kinda like their coffee... ;-)


We started our day back at the church site and as you can see the building is basically done. The nationals will raise further funds to add doors, shutters and electricity to the building. Plaster will cover up the exposed brick and paint will give the church a finishing touch. To commemorate the completion we had a dedication service in the church that just eight days before was a grassy hillside. There were prayers and readings from the word, it was an emotional time.

This picture is Pastor Hubentino, the regional director and the leader of the church we built Pastor Ramon.

After the service we got a special treat. We were able to travel out to Rio Arriba, the project we completed the last time I was in Honduras, to see how the building looks three years later. The words above me say: Evangelical Conservative Baptist Church Temple (what a mouthful for Baptist Church). It was a delight to see the church progress. The church in Planes will look similar upon its completion. After a quick lunch we all headed out the river park for some fun in the sun. We had a nice worship service in the shade of the trees. Then we all hit the river. A short climb down a staircase across the river then up and down another set of stairs revealed a secluded pool surrounded by rocks for jumping – it was a glorious place that only the hands of God could have sculpted. After a few went before me I took the plunge and jumped off the high rock. I would guess it was at least 2 stories high; it was scary and fun at the same time!

After a time of swimming, laughing and enjoying each others company our Honduran brothers and sisters boarded their bus for home. The Children stuck their hands out the window to wave us farewell.And so our project came to a close. Our hearts were full of love, our minds were full of memories and I know I have been changed for the better by this amazing time…

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! You're such an a**... "Bittersweet, like their coffee"...

Great job on everything you did there! :)

See you soon.

Nicole Leonard said...

I'll be glad to meet the "changed for the better" Bryan. I was getting sick and tired of the old one.

;)

Anonymous said...

I'm just posting so I can say I posted.

See ya when you get back!

Bob - oops! Now its not anonymous any more.

Anonymous said...

I'm just posting so I can say I posted something.

See you when you get back.

PS: Get to work